Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Monday, February 27, 2012

Steel

Got out for a few minutes on Sunday afternoon and managed to hook into a couple fish.  The highlight of this creek is that there seems to be a decent amount of naturally reproducing steelhead in this creek.  This is my opinion of course but I feel this is a fairly accurate statement, based on some people I have talked with and my observations and I will just leave it at that.  Fished some Pautzke cured natural colored eggs this weekend and they did quite well.  I love the BorXofire because I can cure my eggs even after they have been tied into sacs.  I will tie uncured eggs up and after a day of using them, if I still have extra I just sprinkle the cure in the egg container and shake it around and I have eggs that I can fish next week instead of going to waste.  They hold their color great, and always seem to produce.  I will be fishing on the Rock tomorrow with Don and we will be covering a lot of water, hoping to pick a few fish off in every hole that we hit.  Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment