Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Saturday, October 22, 2011

10/21/2011


Hit an east trib with some friends today.  Arrived early am, slightly unsure about what visibility we would be facing.  It was about 15" and clearing by the hour.  This was the day that every steelheader dreams about.  Perfect color, perfect flow, and fish all over the place.  I won't get into numbers but lets just say that we caught more than any steelheader needs to catch in a single day.  I went through roughly 120 egg sacs through out the day.  The hot color for me seemed to be natural color Boraxofire, with yellow mesh, although at times I think I could have caught them on a marshmallow.  The fish were holding in every type of water imaginable, fast slow, deep, shallow it did not seem to matter, hell we were catching them on the gravel in 12" of water (not lining them).  If you held your float cocked to the side, it would prevent hanging up on the gravel, and then your float would shoot to the side, and a nice steelhead would be thrashing around.  I will have to admit, having caught that many fish may have spoiled me, as this day was truly one for the memory banks.



No comments:

Post a Comment