Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10/25

Hit up the Rocky River today, and hooked into a few.  Took my buddy Don out and got him into his first adult chromer of the year!  Certainly won't be his last either.  Rain is in the forecast for the next few days, though we will see how much of it we actually get.  I wouldn't mind a spike in the flows, as I am itching to get back out into a few special creeks.  All fish today were caught on Boraxofire eggs, in the natural color with chartreuse and pink mesh making up the colors.  It has been my experience that small details in fishing can make all the difference in the world, check your floats, check your main line, as well as your leaders.  Any fray in these will almost certainly end in a missed opportunity, which can be the missed fish of a lifetime!





No comments:

Post a Comment