Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Sunday, October 9, 2011

10/9/2011 Roe wagon debut

Well today I got my dad out in search of his first fall chromer.  Mission accomplished.  He had several hook ups, and a few brief fights before finally landing a nice bullet.  It was your standard 25" fall fish, but was full of fight.  I just watched as he enjoyed while it just ripped drag off of his Pflueger Trion spinning reel.  The berkley fireline held strong, as did his 8# vicious leader.  I switched to vicious flurocarbon line when a buddy of mine recommended it, and I have not turned back since.  In my experience it takes abrasion well, holds knot strength and is a good all around leader.  Anyway there were 3 of us that went out today, and no one took a skunk home.  The Chagrin had decent flow, about 24" of vis with a brownish/green color.  All fish were caught on roe bags, or for us Americans, egg sacs.  It has been a great start to fall already, finding many fish in the few times I have been out already, hopefully this warm weather will go away, and bring on cooler temps with many rainstorms.  We have been blessed already to get hit with lots of rain in late September, and that is why we are experiencing such great early fall fishing now!  Put the boots to em'.

No comments:

Post a Comment