Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Low water

I haven't been out the last few days as school has gotten in the way, but no worries I will be out and about this coming Thursday.  I have drill this weekend, so this will be my only opportunity to get out.  Things are starting to get low and clear here in the alley, as there has been a lul in the numerous rain events that have occurred so far this fall.  I am not complaining though, as I think it should help set up fishing for a good winter.  Fish are spread out throughout the river systems, and one should not have a hard time finding some solitude with a few willing fish.  My go to egg cure this fall has been the BorXofire in natural color.  The milking property this cure brings to the eggs is awesome.  It seems to have really increased my catch rate.  I have fished the clearwater cured eggs also, and have only had minimal success with these.  All my confidence is in the Pautzke cured eggs.  I will try to post a report when I get done fishing Thursday, but I may not get back to the blog until my drill weekend is over.  Tight lines to all the weekend warriors out there.  Stealth tactics will be applied this weekend in the low, clear water.


No comments:

Post a Comment