Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Thursday, December 8, 2011

12/8



Well I just got done tying up a few dozen sacs for tomorrows little steelhead journey.  I think we will be staying in Ohio, looking to hit some of the smaller water in eastern Ohio.  I have tied up a multitude of eggs in several different cures.  I have eggs in BorXofire, Firecure and Fire brine.  I like to take a few different cures with me when I go on a trip.  I have fished a hole where all I did was switch up eggs from different cures, and caught an extra fish or 2.  We fished a hole on elk for a few hours one day and had landed a lot of fish between my buddy and I.  We thought it was "fished out" until another friend took our spot over using eggs that were in Pautzkes cure I didn't have at the time.  He proceeded to land about a dozen more fish out of this hole.  Just goes to show that having many different colors and cure combinations will optimize your chances at putting a few extra fish on the bank.


Gold label Salmon eggs from Pautzke!

No comments:

Post a Comment