Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Monday, December 19, 2011

Past few days of fishing

I have been on Christmas Break since the start of the weekend, and I have been taking full advantage!  I have fished everywhere from Elk creek, to the Rocky River today and have had a blast this weekend.  Fishing in white out conditions was the highlight so far.  Just felt right to be on the river during that time, and I guess we were the only ones that felt that way as we saw no one else out.  Had all the fish to ourselves and did quite well.



All fish have come on a combination of natural, uncured egg sacs and BorXoFire natural cured eggs.  Yellow and pink mesh being the hottest producing colors.  Get out while you can as we have some ideal temperatures for winter fishing as well as plenty of fish in the systems.


Here I had some natural steelhead skein that had previously been frozen and thawed.  Well as you can see it got a little mushy and the eggs starting popping all over.  Well instead of just wasting them I decided to see if the Fire Brine could save these eggs.  Well you can be the judge.

After.

Pautzke Fire Brine will plump your old deflated eggs up, and they are good to go again.  These will all be hitting the water tomorrow as we will be on another quest for the big fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment