Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Crowds

Fished out east on Thursday, found PRIME conditions on elk.  Lots of fish were landed in all types of water.  Most of the fish were dropback spawned out hens.  All fish caught on Pautzke BorXofire natural color eggs, with Liquid krill scent added.

I fished out at Rocky River today.  Lots of fresh fish around, and the river has really given up very good numbers recently.  I was in a sort of mood today that I wanted solitude over numbers of fish, as there were a ton of people out today (as expected).  So I drove out east to a grand feeder and found only 1 car in the parking lot.  I fished my way upstream landing several fish in just under an hour.  I found exactly what I had set out for, a few fighters, and peace and quiet.  All fish caught on the usual BorXofire cured eggs.  Fish were caught in the deeper pools, in the tailouts.  It's about that time of the year where the water starts to get real cold, and you can find the fish holed up.  There were still several fish caught Thursday in the faster water, but the majority were in slower deeper water.

I also fished a creek that was recently stocked with rainbows.  I took out my fly rod and had some fun with that, first time using it and it performed very nicely.  I cheated and put Pautzke Gold label salmon eggs on my flies, I'm dirty I know.  But the trout loved them.


No comments:

Post a Comment