Roe wagon blog

These are my stories straight from Steelhead Alley

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Re-Curing eggs with Pautzkes Fire Brine



Today I wanted to cure up some nice red eggs for the dirty water conditions I will be fishing this weekend.  So I looked in my egg collection, and noticed that I still had a bad of BorXoFire cured eggs in pink.  I put them in a cup and filled them up just over the top of the eggs with the Red Fire Brine.  I put them in the fridge last night, and pulled them out this afternoon.  Boy are they RED.  It has a great color to it, and I am really looking forward to fishing them this weekend.  The thing I love about Fire Brine is that the eggs plump up VERY nicely in this brine.  If you have eggs that look slightly "deflated", put them in your choice color of Fire Brine, and you will have good eggs again.  They have 6 colors to choose from, and the best part is you can mix/match any colors to your personal preference.  Place the eggs in a jar or container, fill it up just over the top of the eggs and you're done!  The eggs will float, but as they soak in the cure, they will sink and plump up.  Leave them in the cure anywhere from 5 hours- a day or two.  If you forget about them, and it is a few days later, not a big deal.  Super easy and super effective on steelhead, what more could you want in a cure?

Here are some eggs cured up by Ben See from Steelheadalleyangler.com in Pautzkes Fire Brine.
Put these in Santas glass for Christmas instead of milk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment